Sunday, February 07, 2010

Put Me To Sleep, Mother...

In the space, she lay at the heart
Sinister loneliness moving like a dart
Acrid walls looking down upon her
Her life, she recalled, seemed a blur.

And now again she called out
Accosted by another dizzy bout

“Put me to sleep, mother,
In your lap
Drug me into oblivion, mother,
From all that crap
Release me, mother,
From that addictive trap

I was breathing my freedom and my flight
And you think mine’s a sorry plight?
How do you say that I lost myself to this rapture?
That my life’s in smoke-tentacled capture?”


But nowhere was mother to be found
In helpless agony, her head she did pound
Nothing could she do at the eleventh hour
Deserted her trapped daughter in her ivory tower

Muffled yet loud
The sobs reverberated in the room
Soft as the cloud
Her pillow solaced her gloom.

Her hymn floated and hung in the air
A dying song, audible and bare
“The world could be pink
What do you think?
Or is it blue?
Could be any other hue!
I see you through the purple haze
The needle pricks and my eyes glaze…”

Her pupils hoped for a purple haze
Her tower engulfed by a golden blaze
Life dropped, thudding to the ground
Silence killed all other sound.

“…Put me to sleep, mother,
In your lap
Put me to sleep, mother,
In your lap…”

1 comment:

--Sunrise-- said...

whoa! no update but change in blog design?! what an amazing pic to have as a background, though :-)