Monday, April 16, 2007

Blurry

This post concentrates on motion/action/blur pictures.
I have been trying for quite some time to get some good motion pictures, but never really succeeded. most of the time, the subject would get cut out from the picture! There's a difference between film cameras and digital cameras, I've realised when it comes to taking motion snaps. Digital cameras, it dawned on me, in my case, react slowly as you press the button. In the case of film cameras when you are getting a motion/action snap, the roll gets moving asap. So I calculated the time when a vehicle was approaching my camears frame and pushed the button as it the subject was just about to enter the frame. Release the button when the vehicle is in the centre of your frame and Voila, you get the snap you've been wanting! It took a lot of trial and error for me to reach this exact calculation and its partly my camera's fault. I dunno what the heck is it problem with focussing on it owns like all cameras do! Sigh...




Stuck in the traffic, I had been waiting for the red BEST buses to pass by. The man's white shirt, methinks gives a nice contrast coupled with the RED bus in a blur! I took a lot of 'blur' ics with this man in focus and the vehicles and people moving about. This is the one I liked over the others!



This third picture is the one I liked better than the rest for the barbed wire is clear and so is the man that can be seen through the rickshaw, whereas the vehicle goes by in a blur! :D
All photographs have been taken through a glass window and that's the reason for the 'dull dawn' effect in the picture. (light 'grey tint' cover on the car's window).
Music: 'Amazing' by George Michael!

21 comments:

Keshi said...

WOW great photography here girl! I like the 1st one the best. Blurry pics r a class of their own arent they.

Nice work.

Keshi.

dharmabum said...

u r getting better at this shitrint! awesome snaps...

the clicking bit - is something u'll have to check with the cameras - different ones comes with specifications like u've mentioned.

--Sunrise-- said...

I LOVE the red bus one!! It's neat.

And the third one.. the rickshaw one... that is brilliant timing huh? It's awesome!

Kalyan Panja said...

WoW...These are some wonderfully captured shots...very well taken:)

Kay Vee said...

keshi: thanks! :)

dharma: danke! :)
yep, its fun to learn the diff specifications...

sunrise: yeah, correct timing for sure! it was only after i saw the pic on my pc, did i realise that tiny man appeared quite clear thru the vehicle! :)
vielen dank!

kalyan: thank you! =)

Mr. J said...

Wow... great pics.

So are you learning to be a photographer? Umm, you should try shooting some nice nice models then ;)

AlterinG Abhishek said...

amazingly welll taken oye!!

deepthi vinod said...

yo those were good,and yes the first is an amazng contrast to the red..loved them muaaaaaa

karmic said...

Hey girl lovely pictures. :) You should take more really!

Aditi said...

great shot.. i have been trying to get my subject in focus and the entire background to blur but havent succeeded not that i tried much
the 3rd is my fav too

Aditi said...

great shot.. i have been trying to get my subject in focus and the entire background to blur but havent succeeded not that i tried much
the 3rd is my fav too

Kay Vee said...

john: thank yew!
regarding models, id click males models more if i ever do get the chance! *wink* wud u be interested in that? ;-)
:P
er...no, im 'not learning' to be a photographer as such. im just plain interested... :)

alter abhi: oye thank u oye! :D

deepthi: thanks! :)

sanjay: yessir i will! :)

aditi: ahh...ur trying to get the opposite effect. for that, i think u need to be moving, in motion as in, in a moving vehicle or something! i guess so... ill try too, to experiment on this! :)

Rani said...

OH MY - super fabulously COOL!!
very nice. i gotta say the white shirt and the bus is my favorite. second favorite - but ofcourse the rickshaw with the man in focus...

i like pictures that tell a story.. those to somehow "speak" to me.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

First one-- just amazing. Relates to life. It just passes by as we stand audience to it...

Keep 'em coming. :)

Kay Vee said...

chocolteluva: thankie!
ditto with the thots on 'pictures that speak'! :)

virus: thanks!
we stand audience to it...
yeah, life IS that, innit?
:)

AlterinG Abhishek said...

next post!!!!!

--Sunrise-- said...

We do? (stand audience to life, that is..)

Kay Vee said...

Alter Abhi: yessir! :D

Sunrise: at times...not always, methinks. i didnt mean it to be taken in a generic sense! :)

singlewheatfemale said...

girl, u a rock-star!

--Sunrise-- said...

Hellooooooo Shitrint...

How aaaaaaaaaare you??

There I was, in the kitchen... wiping the worktop... listening to my i-pod, and *PING!* - who should come into my mind but... YOU!

Chrono Cross came on my i-pod... was playing it on random... :)

Kay Vee said...

wheatie: Heehe!
thanks!

sunrise: hello girl! looong time! guess what! i've been thinking about u too...and i had no reason to think about my blog friends. had been away and was missing blogging...hence! :)