Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Drizzles and Mizzles


It’s May now and I look at my window upwards at the nearly cloudless sky. I have always liked the summer. I guess maybe because I loved the warmth. The scorching heat, of course was a bummer at times, but I thanked the sun’s presence because I knew how I hated getting drenched while going outdoors in the monsoons. I have always had a love-hate relationship with the monsoons. It was very unpredictable. I myself couldn’t say when I would love the dark, cold and wet weather or when I would hate it with all my life so much so that I would want to run away to the equator! And yeah, I’ve had my fascination with the winter too. I kind of secretly wished to live in the snowy regions, up north, maybe somewhere in Siberia. Every time I listen to the song My December by Linkin Park, I get transported to my home in the snow, somewhere…




Monsoons haven’t etched good memories on the slate of my mind. Maybe that is why I always hated them. I always wanted to go away to a better place, a warmer place with the onset of monsoons, in just the same way as I always went away to a better corner of my mind, away from the unpleasant memories. Strange naa, how you associate certain moods with certain things (tangible and intangible) and of course people in your life… the times have gone, the people have moved on, but when I travel somewhere physically, I also go down memory lane in the same place with the person of the past. And this goes on till the time that I keep visiting the place mentally and physically. Then the old memory wears out, fades away and a new one takes its place, takes precedence…

…at such times, I feel minds are like permanent rewritable discs. Things come, stay for a while, serve their purpose and have to go, to make place for the new stuff.




The rains always bring a story along with them…either from the past or they create one, twirling in our lives. Pleasant and unpleasant. Of love and of heartbreaks. Of hope and of deaths. Of the novelty in life and its discovery, and of us discovering ourselves, again…

Rains are the time when I sit huddled up, cozily and gaze at the droplets forming on the glass windows and ponder, to my hearts content! I wait with eager anticipation for the monsoons this time. I know I am going to cherish the gusts of winds that prevail before the downpour begins. And I wish I that I would grow wings and take flight in that forceful breeze… there will be fresh memories this time and I am waiting with arms wide open. And before we know it, the rainy days go by…


Music: "Precious " by Depeche Mode!

20 comments:

Aditi said...

hope the rains wash away the scars of the past and lead to well lots of new good memories..
the rains are a fun time trinnie.. wait .. they will mean fun for u too

AlterinG Abhishek said...

ur home in snoe!!
??
kahan??
nice pic
i think i hv seen this ear;lier!!

i know rain has a lot of associations!!
cheer up..
abhi nahin aayi baarish!

Kay Vee said...

aditi: :D
"hope the rains wash away the scars of the past and lead to well lots of new good memories.."
i sure hope they will! and they will, im sure! :D

alter abhi: hellow! :)
"nice pic
i think i hv seen this ear;lier!!"


arre thats me in the pic. i have just photoshopped it! :d
;-P

actually im awaiting the rains...

ur home in snoe!!
??

and i have a imaginary home up north, maybe somewhere in Russia! :P lol!

--Sunrise-- said...

Shitrint!!

LOL... imaginary homes... well since we're confessing... mine is in New York, in an apartment, just by myself... and another one by the beach, with huge windows (so I can see the sunrise - duh!) and seating right next to the window.. with cushions and jazz and blah. There's so much more. But I'm worried I will bore you. :P (Laugh and you're dead. :P)

"the gusts of winds that prevail before the downpour begins"... this is my most favourite weather... every time I am in India... that gust of wind that comes before the rain... it's so fresh... makes me want to laugh for no reason... especially when I'm on the rooftop... dancing or whatever... sigh. I would love to swap places with you right now too... :P

Oh, and I love your current music! First time I'm hearing it... it's very nice.

smrtnhuggble said...

oo i really like the last picture. i always choose to think rain as something romantic. like the showers are bringing water to "replinsh" our lives. everytime it rains i get into this happy/romantic mood, i just wanna either go jump in the rain or stay in, eat something warm and cuddle in my blanket or with someone hot and just TALK....
i also find comfort when it rains and im crying - i dont know why??
hmmm

smrtnhuggble said...

ps: this is chocolteluva, just a new blog

ari4u said...

Thank you again for your nice comments on my blog. I use Canon 100-400 mm Lens which is a long lens that lets me zoom in on the birds from far.

If you are interested in wildlife photography, you need to get a lens that has a good zoom. If you try to get too close to the birds, they will definitely fly away.

I have not read your post completely. I will come back again later and comment on it.

Take care and have a nice weekend :-)
-ari

Kay Vee said...

sunrise: ah, no sunrise! u worry too much! and please do go on if you like, its fun to hear!
its seems im still so much a kiddie to imagine about homes in diff parts of the world! :P lol!

"sigh. I would love to swap places with you right now too..."

lets become exchange students! :P

"Oh, and I love your current music! First time I'm hearing it... it's very nice."

thanku! :)
one of my fav songs! i heard it on some website and went crazy looking for the title and the band/artist who made it! :D

huggable: welcome back! :D
"i also find comfort when it rains and im crying - i dont know why?? "

hmm...actually, thats one of the things i do too...some solace! :)

Sugarlips said...

I'm a Monsoon lover and I love rain :)Rain...Your fav. book...A cup of chai and soft kisses from your sweetheart once in a while..What else do u need? Loved all the pics in this post and is especially the 1st one :) I hope this year's Monsoon washes away all the calamities from your life :)

Is that you in the 2nd pic? CUTE :)

Stay Beautiful...Q

Keshi said...

WOW Trinnie this is my fav post from u so far! I really loved it and I can so relate to this. That's the beauty of what u wrote here.

**And this goes on till the time that I keep visiting the place mentally and physically

I agree. It happens to me all the time.


And I like what u wrote here:

**I feel minds are like permanent rewritable discs. Things come, stay for a while, serve their purpose and have to go, to make place for the new stuff

Spot on!


The rains bring memories...all the time. Some pleasant but mostly dark ones for me. And when the rain stops somehow I find my eyes still wet...wet by the rainy tears...


Keshi.

Shruti said...

I like the rainy season, and just love to get totally drenched in that...

Kay Vee said...

ari: hey thanks for stopping by and for the info on the long lens camera. i saw the cameras u use in the list on your blog. pretty expensive! i hope i make that kinda moolah some day to buy me one of those kinds! :)
tc!

sugarlips: hey there!
yep, thats me in the 2nd picture!

oh about the monsoon calamities, its no big deal. nothing disastrous has occurred in the monsoons (with me :P). i hate the gloomy mood that comes along with it and i hate enduring it for 3 months! hence...the unpleasant times! :)

keshi: "WOW Trinnie this is my fav post from u so far! I really loved it and I can so relate to this. That's the beauty of what u wrote here."

awww..thanks! I'm glad u liked it best! :)

"And when the rain stops somehow I find my eyes still wet...wet by the rainy tears..."

beautiful, kesh! :)

shruti: :)
"like the rainy season, and just love to get totally drenched in that..."
like many ppl i know!
thanks for coming by...

Ethan said...

Nicely written, especially the part where you talk about your trips down memory lane. Its something which i find both pleasant and unpleasant.
Sometimes everywhere you go, there is something there to remind you of another place and time..

thanks for stopping by...

dharmabum said...

no homes for the bum, please - i'd like the sky to be my roof. someday, it wil i hope :)

rains remind me of a lot of the times when i been out bumming around, getting soaked. specially this once, the year before last i think, when we were biking 3 whole days in the rain across madhya pradesh - quite unforgettable.

oh, and who's the girl in the pic- she's quite hawt ;)

Kay Vee said...

ethan: thankew! :)

"thanks for stopping by..."
ethan, its me shitrint and i have been to ur blog before as well. just changed my blog display name to 'trinnie'! :P

Dharma: aah, nomadic aspirations, eh?
biking...hmmm and trekking! fun things to do! :D

Keshi said...

btw is that a pic of u? I mean the 2nd one?

Looks a bit like u...

Keshi.

Kay Vee said...

dharma & keshi: yep, thats me in the second pic! :D

AlterinG Abhishek said...

OOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
acha acha!!

RUssia meain!!

hahaha
i know its ur pic baba!!!
but u hv either posted it earlier or i hv seen it on orkut!!

Kay Vee said...

alter abhi: yep on orkut!

Balu said...

Confused!!!!! Y this hatred towards Mansoon mam...its ok that som past experiences made u to think so...but, we live in present n for the present right...Then come on..its goin to rain now....let us experience the smell of the soil that the early drizzle brings...let us scream, dance, roar in the dripping wet...no matter whats goin around...Eperience the bliss of Mansoon...Smile is wht the tiny rain drop that has fallen on our face, brings....And never let that smile go of ur face....Hope u r an inch asway from loving Mansoon..:-))....Nyways u r looking gr8 in that pic :-)